Sunday, November 28, 2010

Dear Santa...

Dear Santa,

I know my list is pretty hefty this year, so if you can only deliver on a couple of my Christmas wishes I understand completely and will be grateful for what I receive. The ones I want the most are marked if you have to choose between which ones to give me.

*1.)  I'd like to take a picture of my children dressed in adorable Christmas outfits that reminds our Christmas card recipients of the Waltons, not the Simpsons. I'd like for each child to look at the camera, smile, not give bunny ears to the sibling they are sitting next to and for those adorable clothes to be hole and stain free just long enough for the perfect picture to be taken. I'd like to get the picture a) in time to send as a Christmas card and b) without selling my soul to Satan.

*2.) I'd like the 2 1/2 hour drive to my Mom's to be filled with either sounds of laughing, caroling children who aren't fighting, wrestling, crying or asking to stop at a gas station every 11 minutes OR the sound of five children sleeping throughout the entire drive. If you can't do either of those, I'd like a handful of Xanax and Starbucks' Skinny Vanilla latte to get me through the drive.

*3.) I want Christmas Eve and Christmas day to be fever, vomiting, diarrhea, strep throat, weird rash, trip to the ER free.

4.) I want all toys to come with directions in English that are written with words a person can understand without having a PhD in engineering. I'd also like for the packaging on these toys to be able to be opened by a woman of normal strength using only a simple pair of scissors.

Like I said, it's a hefty wish list - but all in all I've been a pretty good girl this year. If my list is too grand, I'll settle for a drive without someone being car sick and a nap.

Thanks Santa <3  The cookies and milk will be in the regular spot :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a note or comment about Swimmin' in Alphabet Soup. I love hearing from you!